Cumberland Ecology provides services to assist our clients in developing biodiversity offsetting strategies and managing biodiversity offsets. We routinely participate in offset development under various government policies, including the Commonwealth environmental offsets policy (2012), the NSW biodiversity offsets policy for major projects (2014) and the Queensland Environmental Offsets Policy (Version 1.1).
We offer expertise in market based mechanisms such as BioBanking and strategic advice to guide our clients through the assessment and approvals process. We have extensive experience in consultation with all levels of government and collaborate with research and non-profit organisations to develop innovative offsetting options for developments.
Our services include:
- Assessment for BioBanking and Biocertification projects
- Assessment using the Framework for Biodiversity Assessment for Major Projects in NSW
- Offset assessment under the Federal offset policy
- Property assessments for biodiversity conservation
- Consultation with third party collaborators
- Monitoring and compliance audit of biodiversity offsets
- Preparation of Offset Management Plans
- Peer reviews of offsetting documents and reports